Please, wait while we are validating your browser
FAIRNESS 2012 is the first edition in a series of workshops designed to bring together excellent international young scientists with research interests focused on physics at FAIR. The topics of the workshop cover a wide range of aspects in both theoretical developments and current experimental status, concentrated around the four scientific pillars of FAIR.
We will have exciting and interdisciplinary discussions along these key topics:
- Physics of hot and dense nuclear matter, QCD phase transitions and critical point
- Nuclear structure, astrophysics and reactions
- Hadron Spectroscopy, Hadrons in matter and Hypernuclei
- Special emphasize is put on the experiments CBM, HADES, PANDA, NuSTAR, as well as NICA and the RHIC low beam energy scan
- New developments in atomic and plasma physics
Location: Hersonissos, Greece.
Chairs: Almudena Arcones, Marcus Bleicher, Miriam Fritsch, Tetyana Galatyuk, Diana Nicmorus, Hannah Petersen, Claudia Ratti, Laura Tolos.
Additional information: Participation is restricted to PhD students, PostDocs and non-tenured Junior Researchers. After the online registration and abstract submission are closed, the organizing committee will select 40 participants and will send out email-invitations accordingly. Each selected participant will be allocated a time-slot for an oral presentation. Proceedings will be published. The format of the meeting consists of two sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon, each augmented by active discussion sessions dedicated to the topics presented by the speakers.
Please make sure to frequently check updated information and announcements on the conference website.