Manufacturing Engineer Cover Letter
Manufacturing Engineers design and improve the complex integrated systems that make up the production process. These systems typically involve machine tools, robots, and computer networks. Work activities for Manufacturing Engineers include purchasing and installing system parts, repairing and maintaining equipment, diagnosing and correcting production problems, designing new system and process frameworks, negotiating with vendors and presenting system productivity reports to non-technical stakeholders.
Below is a list of the most common skills and qualifications sought by employers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Manufacturing acumen
- Proficiency in CAD / CAM circuit design
- Proficiency in product development
- Strong attention to detail
- Complex problem solving skills
- Logic and reasoning
- Written and Verbal communication skills
Check out the Sample Manufacturing Engineer cover letter below to see how many of these skills and qualifications are highlighted.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Manufacturing Engineer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr Johnson,
I am writing to express my interest in the position of Manufacturing Engineer. As a Manufacturing Engineer with a Bachelor’s degree in engineering and three years of experience creating and managing production systems, I know I can be a great asset to your organization.
My professional experience includes completing all of the day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining manufacturing systems. I think that my professional and educational background make me a solid candidate for Mite Manufacturing.
Below are my most relevant qualifications and accomplishments:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Liberty Technical Institute
- Developed new system blueprints using CAD software
- Developed system maintenance SOP
- Saved employer expenses through re-negotiating vendor contracts
- Crafted manufacturing productivity reports and presented findings to stakeholders
In addition to the above qualifications, I am also a competent writer and and sound decision maker. If you think my skills are a fit for your company, then let’s set up an interview at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration.
Crystal R. Calles
Sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer
If you’re looking for a job as a mechanical engineer, this sample cover letter will help you draft an introduction to prospective employers that will get results.
Stand out from the competition with a well-crafted cover letter.
If you’re looking to stand out, an impressive cover letter will help you manufacture an introduction to prospective employers. View our sample cover letter for a mechanical engineer below.
Additionally, you can learn about engineering careers and search for mechanical engineer jobs on Monster.
Impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
ROBYN A. MATTHEWS
15 Elm Lane
Sometown, IN 55555
Home: (555) 555-5555
January 9, 2018
Mr. Andrew Smith
Director of Operations
15 Lafayette Way
Sometown, IN 55555
Re: Mechanical Engineer Position (Ref. Code: 12345), advertised on Monster.com
Dear Mr. Smith:
Your job description for a mechanical engineer perfectly matches my qualifications, and I am very interested in the opportunity.
I have enjoyed a progressively responsible engineering career with ABC Manufacturing Co., and participated in the engineering of three major car model changes. I am experienced in all phases of new vehicle model development and implementation, from conception to production stages. Most recently, I have:
- Contributed to major model changes for the 2008 Carname, 2007 Carname and 2006 Carname;
- Developed process plans and layouts for seven additional car models;
- Reduced ergonomic impact on production team members by designing new assist lift systems;
- Helped create estimation and calculation tool for project budgets, greatly improving negotiating power with installation contractors; and
- Built rapport with overseas colleagues, often traveling to Japan for production consultations.
In addition, I have served as lead engineer in establishing standards that have reduced costs, enhanced efficiency, improved production methods and simplified equipment and part needs.
Mr. Smith, I have received repeated commendations from ABC Manufacturing Co. for my work quality, revenue contributions, and commitment to achieving company goals, and I know I would be a valuable asset to your North American Division. Please feel free to call me at 555-555-5555 or send an email to email@example.com to arrange a meeting. I look forward to speaking with you!
Robyn A. Matthews
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Now that you've got the hang of writing a great cover letter, become a Monster member and upload your resume so recruiters can find you as soon as jobs open up.