Boise State University Admissions Essay

Choose a tab that best reflects your status at Boise State University:

  • Freshman Checklist

  • Transfer Students Checklist

  • International Students Checklist

    Visit our website for details

  • Re-Apply to Boise State Checklist

  • For a second bachelor’s degree

    For graduate courses

    • Graduate admissions (208) 426-3903 or

Priority Dates

Be sure to submit your materials in advance of posted priority dates.


Once you have submitted your admission application to Boise State, you will receive an email providing you with your My.BoiseState login information. You will then be able to access your My.BoiseState account to track your application online and view any items you may be missing. Learn more about setting up your account.

Missing Items

My.BoiseState will tell you what items are still needed to complete your application. It is your responsibility to have your transcripts and test scores sent to Boise State to complete your file. Please have materials sent to:

Boise State Admissions
1910 University Drive
Boise, ID 83725

Official Transcripts

  • In-progress transcripts allow us to evaluate your application based on the grades you have received to date. For instance, high school students may be conditionally admitted on the basis of 6th semester transcripts.
  • If you are admitted with “Conditional Admission” the TO DO item for transcripts will remain posted on your My.BoiseState account until final official transcripts are sent directly from the issuing institution to Boise State in a sealed envelope or faxed according to our guidelines. Once an official transcript is received, your conditional admission status is changed to either regular or provisional status.
  • Request transcripts here.

 Application Questions

How do I access my application if I have forgotten my password?

It is important to remember your username and password when creating your account in the application system as Graduate Admissions has no way of retrieving student account information. You may reset your password by selecting the “I forgot my password” link provided on the login screen.

How do I change my recommendation providers?

You may add, edit, and remove a recommendation provider inside your application. You may do this by clicking on the left hand navigation link titled “Recommendations” and following the directions provided.

Where do I send my transcripts?

Official transcripts should be requested from each educational institution (excluding Boise State) you have attended beyond high school. Transcripts may be submitted in the following ways:


Institutions may send official transcripts to:
Graduate Admission and Degree Services
Room 307, Riverfront Hall
Boise State University
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1110

Electronic Transcripts

Official transcripts may be submitted as a secure PDF through an approved transcript services provider to

Approved Transcript Services:

  • Credentials eScript-Safe (formerly known as Script-Safe International)
  • Credential Solutions TranscriptsNetwork and Transcripts Plus
  • National Student Clearinghouse
  • Parchment Exchange (formerly known as Docufide and Avow Systems)


An institution may fax your transcript to 208-426-2789. To be considered official, a faxed transcript must:

  1. Be sent directly to the Graduate College from the institution
  2. Be considered an official transcript. It cannot be stamped as Unofficial or Student Copy
  3. Have a fax header line showing the institution name, fax number, date and time of transmission, and the number of pages.
  4. Be accompanied by a cover sheet that shows All of the following:
    • Current Date
    • Name of the institution sending the fax
    • Sender’s name, fax number and phone number
    • Your name
    • Your Boise State Student ID number or the last four digits of your social security number
    • Description of the document being faxed (Official Transcirpt)
    • Number of Pages

How do I know if you have received my transcripts and/or test scores?

When Graduate Admissions receives and processes your application a “To Do” checklist will be created for you in your myBoiseState student center. Here Graduate Admissions will list transcripts and test scores which are needed for you to complete your application.

Registration Questions

How do I register for classes?

Before the semester begins, you may add classes to your schedule on myBoiseState, if there is space available in the class. If a class is full, you may place yourself on a waitlist to enroll in the class if a seat becomes available (if the course has a waitlist option).  You may continue to add classes after the first day of classroom instruction, up until the deadline appropriate to the session.  For help registering for classes inside your myBoiseState student center please visit:

Post Admission Questions

Choice of Graduate Catalog

A student enrolled in a graduate degree or certificate program may choose to meet the requirements for that program as defined in any annual edition of the Boise State University Graduate Catalog in effect after the student is admitted to the program by the Graduate College. The catalog may not be more than six years old.

How do I change my name?

Take your completed Student Information Update form and proof of change noted on the form to the Registrar’s Office Administration Building, Room 110. If you are a current of former Boise State employee (classified, exempt, student) you must go to Human Resources to make name changes.

How many credits can I take as a non-degree seeking student and later apply to a graduate program?

If a student completes courses while in graduate non-degree seeking status, and later applies and is admitted to a graduate program, the responsible academic unit may recommend to the Graduate College that some of the courses completed in graduate non-degree seeking status be applied to the credit requirements of the program. The academic unit may define a maximum number of applicable credits, but the maximum cannon exceed one third of the total credit requirement. All final decisions on the applicability of non-degree credits rest with the Dean of the Graduate College.


Please contact the Graduate College 208-426-3903 or toll-free at 1-800-824-7017. You may also email us at the following email address:


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *